Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of brick/stone over asphalt or concrete?
- After the appropriate base is in place, installation is relatively quick.
- Brick/stone pavers can be installed in almost any weather (except winter!).
- The driveway is ready to use as soon as installation is complete.
- Any base failures can be repaired and the product re-used, unlike CIP (cast in place) concrete or asphalt.
- Pavers are more slip and skid resistant than asphalt or concrete which can be more hazardous when wet.
3. Ease of Repair
- If pavers ever become stained or damaged, you can have the damaged ones replaced without having to re-do your entire driveway!
- Brick pavers are known to remain in place more securely than asphalt or concrete. Especially once we create the proper base of materials to ensure optimum drainage, slope, and compaction.
- Brick conforms more appropriately to any movement in the underlying ground materials therefore you experience a lesser probability of cracking and settling.
4. Colour and Design
- Bricks and stone allow for a more unique aesthetics to your property.
- There is a wide variety of colours to accent your property.
- Each job is custom to your home and therefore adds increased value to your property.
- A driveway installed with pavers will increase the value of your property more than any other product.
5. What is the effect of freezing and thawing on pavers?
- Nova Scotia has one of the highest freeze/thaw rates in the world. Our winters and springs bring extreme stress on any material used for driveways in this province.
6. Can damaged pavers be replaced?
- Yes, there is a one calendar year guarantee on any material defect in the brick or stone that is laid in your project. We will replace any material that falls within this material guarantee.
7. Should stones used as “pavers” in my driveway be sealed?
- This is not required but may be the choice of the client. This is a process you can do yourself or we could do under contract.
- Sealing should wait until the stones have set and sealing should be conducted only under the material manufacturers guidelines.
8. What is the warranty on the project?
- There is a one year warranty on all materials and workmanship from the date of project completion.